Inspirations issue 79Price: $14.45
This issue of Inspirations is the current issue which has a special postage price of AU$2.00 within Australia and AU$4.00 worldwide, therefore, please choose either "Australia" or "Worldwide" from the drop down menu before you press "add to shopping bag". Thank you.
From easy stitching for a weekend to a master class on a more detailed project, Inspirations issue 79 features nine inspiring projects with a special showcase of counted thread designs.
Discover embroidery as art with Nicola Jarvis, an artist exhibiting at the William Morris Gallery this year, and read about the journey of a South African expat to her new home in Australia, leaving a trail of handmade African flowers behind her. Reader’s stories, fantastic book reviews and needlework news complete this issue.
The projects in issue 79 include:
• clever presentation box with eight counted thread designs
• master class for an Italian cutwork traycloth
• timeless counted thread pincushion by Christine P. Bishop
• crewel work cushion ideal for beginners by Margaret Light
• art nouveau poppy in shaded blackwork
• traditional Guimarães embroidered bag from Portugal
• elegant silk lingerie bag embroidered with bullion roses
• handy cosmetics purse featuring shadow appliqué
• easy to stitch coffee cosy with matching coasters
These projects are presented with detailed instructions, close-up photographs, clear diagrams and step-by-step instructions to assist needleworkers of all levels to recreate the designs. Full-size patterns are supplied where required, including the embroidery designs and construction instructions.